What is Forensic Risk Assessment?
Assessment of risk potential in:
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Interpersonal Violence
- Major mental illness within the forensic framework (psychosis, schizophrenia, mood disorders, etc)
- Paraphilias & Sex Offending
- Personality Disorders with the forensic mental health framework
- Substance Abuse within the forensic mental health framework
- Treatment Programming within the forensic mental health framework
Who is a candidate for Forensic Risk Assessment?
- Clients 18 years and older
- Involved in the judicial system – for criminal or civilInvolved in the hospital system
- On bail, probation or parole
- Volunteer or mandated
What methods are used?
Structured clinical guide and assessment
- Providing information about confounding factors associated with increased risk.
Actuarial Risk Assessment Instruments
- Heavily researched tools, proven to be indicative of associated risk.
At The Centre for Health and Anger Resolution, we are in a unique position to be able to provide assistance in multiple areas from assessment of risk to treatment planning and execution.